Friday, January 31, 2014

Fairy Shape Sculpt WIP

Welcome to the continuing preparation of a lady figure.  Once the main shapes are connected, the detailing can vary. The forms can be pressed into smaller, thinner shapes.  Also, they can be trimmed or filled in, sculpted over, etc. It's up to your imagination to transform the shapes.

I've decided to give this lady a fairy look. The arms and torso are shaping up, as well as the hair.  Here's my work in progress.


Gradually, I've begun adding twisted strands of paper for the hair, as well as torn paper pieces to the skirt.  The torso takes shape gradually with pieces of pressed craft tissue paper.  The paper is dipped in liquid starch each step of the way.

Next, I'm adding wings to achieve a fairy look.  I have also continued to improve the torso and arms.


This work in progress will continue with layering of paper and other additions if necessary.  Please stay tuned and let me know if you will give this a try.

2 comments:

Thank you for your interest in my sculpture.